Machakos Senator Boniface Kabaka dies while receiving treatment at a Nairobi hospital


Machakos Senator Boniface Mutinda Kabaka has died while receiving treatment at a Nairobi hospital a week after he ended up in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) following a 21-hour date with a teacher.

Wiper Party leader Kalonzo Musyoka, addressing the press on Friday afternoon, said Senator Kabaka had undergone a procedure to remove a clot before his passing.

“It is not easy for any family to go through what this family is going through right now, but we want to pray that God’s grace and mercy will be sufficient for them,” he said.

“I want to ask that we do not ask questions that will obviously find no useful answer. I want to appeal in particular to our friends in the media to be kind to this family at this time…tumwache ndugu yetu alale. Senator Kabaka had to undergo an operation by one of the very strong neurosurgeons, Prof Musau, to remove a clot.”

Senator Kabaka was on Friday last week admitted at the Nairobi Hospital after he allegedly fell ill while with a woman at an apartment in Nairobi’s Kilimani estate.

The lawmaker is reported to have checked in at the apartment along Elgeyo Marakwet Road in Kilimani on December 3 afternoon accompanied by a woman identified as Esther Muli, a resident of Wote town.

According to a police report on the incident, the matter was reported by the Senator’s wife who said that at around 3am she was informed by an employee at the lawmaker’s office that her husband had been admitted in the ICU.

“She went to the said hospital accompanied by other family members among them her co-wife where she established that the Senator was brought by paramedics after falling sick while in an apartment along Elgeyo Marakwet Road within Kilimani,” read the police report.

Police visited the scene and found the woman who disclosed that she was with the Senator in the apartment when he suddenly started complaining of severe headache and asked her to look for paracetamols.

She added that the pain worsened and she reportedly informed the management who called for an ambulance and rushed the lawmaker to Nairobi Hospital.

Esther Muli, the woman who was with the Senator at the time of the incident, was arrested and arraigned in court before later being released on a personal bond after tests showed no traces of poison on the deceased’s blood.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

11 + 2 =