Two Children Hospitalized After Eating Chameleons In Nakuru

0
68
  • Save

Two children are presently hospitalized after eating chameleons cooked for them by their elder sibling in Nyakinyua village of Molo sub-county, Nakuru County.

Joyce Chemng’etich, the mother of the two children aged 4 and 2, said she returned home from her daily hustles and found them unconscious.

She hence sought to find out what had happened from her other 7-year-old son, who owned up to having cooked two chameleons for his younger siblings.

The boy, she narrated, allegedly cooked the reptiles to add onto potatoes that they had in the house, so as to feed the whole family to avert hunger occasioned by the ongoing drought.

Ms. Chemng’etich, who is a mother of nine, checked the sufuria and, indeed, found two heads of chameleons inside.

She, alongside, her neighbours then performed first aid on the children then rushed them to a nearby facility, from where they were referred to the Molo sub-county hospital.

The two children have received treatment and are currently recuperating in stable condition.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

seventeen + 11 =